Mikey S.

I've never used one personally but I think there is something called a
pedestal ( or maybe a tombstone) that mounts through the island and allows
the outlets to sit normally instead of face up. Face up seems to be a bad
idea on a counter, something is bound to fall into them, it always happens
with floor outlets and causes problems ( experience at work), and I bet this
would be even worse on a kitchen counter.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message
I have looked into under counter wiring which seems sort of silly for
surface appliances. I'm leaning toward face-up plugs like floor plugs but
on the countertop. Any suggestions?

Also, foot traffic around an island seem to make using a "wall" plug
somewhat dangerous.

TIA,
Eric