Phisherman

Wait a few months. The black stains will return. They may be
unsightly, but you are doing more damage using the brush. When you
replace your roof, get mildew/mold resistant shingles.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 12:31:55 -0500, Harry Everhart
wrote:

Thanks to all of you that helped me with my roof cleaning project.

I was going to hire someone - or rent a pressure washer. Instead - I
made a solution of 10% bleach and 90% water - kept it mild in case it
dripped on our plants. I sprayed it on the roof with a small pump
sprayer - let it sit a while - brushed it with a long handle brush I use
to wash my camper - then hosed it off with a regular garden hose - low
pressure.

All of the stains disappeared - I checked the gutters to make sure I was
not washing off the shingle "grit" - I was not. One day later - the roof
looks like new. I plan to go up today and do it again on the spots that
I missed.

Thanks to those that gave me the bleach advice.

Harry