Phisherman

Invest the $300. When something goes out, you'll have some money to
replace it. Recently I bought a microwave oven for $400 and the
"extended care" was $50 which I passed up.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:56:15 -0500, "User"
wrote:

My home warranty is about to expire. They want $300 or so to renew it. I
plan to replace the old oven and add a microwave on my own, so that will be
a new set of appliances that would either have their own warranty or I am
assuming won't be covered by a home owner's warranty.

The only major thing I have is a heat pump which is original, about 15 years
old. I've researched this and the consensus is home owner's warranty's
pretty much suck when it comes to getting those items fixed.

Is it worth it, or should I ride it out and replace the heat pump myself?
I've had no problems with it this past year, and I doubt the HO warranty
will buy me a new one; rather just extend my pain by continuously reparing a
broken heat pump (if it breaks) and then eventually cash me out for a
minimal amount.

Does this sound about right? Should I renew the waranty or keep the $300?