Harry Everhart

It would work well if you have identical picture frames but if you have a
variety of frames where the hook is in a slightly different position, the
laser could only help to check your work and there is no point in being
that perfect.

I just hung several plaques and pictures using my laser level - and a
roll of that two sided spongy gummy tape. Before you tell me the stuff
is no good - the pictures and plaques were just moved from one office in
NYC to another in Florida. And I hung them in NY with the same kind of
spongy tape 10 years ago - they were still snug on the wall. The laser
level is great for lining up pictures with two-sided spongy tape.