Joseph Meehan

Joseph wrote:
"m Ransley" wrote in message
If I could find the "professional" that used regular duct take on my
old dryer id kick him in the head , it is crap, get proper Foil tape.

Ok, not to argue but that was then and they've held up fine for 20
years. The dryer vents do not reach a temperature high enough to
destroy the duct tape, at least not as long as I've been working on
them. I believe it has to have been at least ten years ago now that
duct tape was no longer allowed on duct. I now use venture tape,
Caulk tape and heat tape. On dryer vents I now use heat tape (foil)
and it is heated when applied to the pipe. Actually duct tape may
still be allowed on dryer pipe here but haven't used it for quite
awhile. About the only thing I use duct tape for anymore is to tape
cuts and wounds...

Joseph

I have seen the duct tape go bad in just a couple of years. Maybe you
have been using a different duct tape than I, but mine sure does not last.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math