gary

The guy at Homed Depot suggested that I get one of those split pins/shear
pins I think they might be called and cut it to size and hammer it into the
holes on the duplex breaker.

We run a toaster, coffee machine and the odd blender or mixmaster on the
counter. I would hope that would not cook the neutral.

Just wired up my moms kitchen to code and added 2 more outlets and split up
the wiring with more circuits. She just had new cabinets put in. She has a
large counter space with 2 outlets on it. She had those blocks on them that
divide the plug in into six outlets on each. That circuit ran the fridge,
range hood, 2 kitchen lights and the 2 outlets on the counter, one which had
a microwave on it that tripped the breaker on a regular basis. Oh yeah
there were 2 over the sink potlights with 120w floods on the circuit also,
and a garburator. House was built in 1970. The good thing was that the
house at least had copper and not aluminum wiring.

"The Real Tom" Tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 15:36:20 -0500, Speedy Jim wrote:

gary wrote:

I need to put some split circuit plug in in my kitchen and code requires
that both breakers be tied together. I don't have much room left on my
panel so I bought some 15A duplex breakers at Home Depot. They do not
have
any tie bars there and the fellow tells me that they do not make them.
don't think that is correct. They have a little hole on each toggle
that I
believe can have a tie bar put through them. Does anyone know if there
is a
tie bar for the Square d duplex breaker?

TIA
Gary

CAUTION!!! That tiny Sq D breaker is NOT suitable
for 3-wire ("split") circuits.

If you look closely, you'll see that there is only one
"stab" connection to the Bus bars. Both circuits will
thus be on the same "phase" and the Neutral wire can
become overloaded.

Jim

Very good catch, could have overloaded the neutral(grounded conductor)
and cooked it.

later,

tom @ www.ChopURL.com