gary

Also code here is 14g with 15A or 12g with 20A but with 20A you can't use 3
wire or split circuits.

"RBM" rmottola1(remove wrote in message
As Jim says, to use a multiwire cable, the red and black wire MUST be on
different phases, which you can't get from the circuit breaker you have.
The safest thing for you to do is use a full sized double pole breaker for
the kitchen outlets and replace some two wire circuits in the panel with
the splits. Also note, kitchen circuits should be 20 amp
"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
gary wrote:

I need to put some split circuit plug in in my kitchen and code requires
that both breakers be tied together. I don't have much room left on my
panel so I bought some 15A duplex breakers at Home Depot. They do not
have any tie bars there and the fellow tells me that they do not make
them. I don't think that is correct. They have a little hole on each
toggle that I believe can have a tie bar put through them. Does anyone
know if there is a tie bar for the Square d duplex breaker?

TIA
Gary

CAUTION!!! That tiny Sq D breaker is NOT suitable
for 3-wire ("split") circuits.

If you look closely, you'll see that there is only one
"stab" connection to the Bus bars. Both circuits will
thus be on the same "phase" and the Neutral wire can
become overloaded.

Jim