Art

It would work well if you have identical picture frames but if you have a
variety of frames where the hook is in a slightly different position, the
laser could only help to check your work and there is no point in being that
perfect.

"Harry Everhart" wrote in message
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:
I suggest not bothering. Most of the ones you see at reasonable
prices
are almost worthless. Many of the expensive ones are useful, but unless
you
are a professional, the price is just too much. A basic bubble level is
all
you need.

There are a lot of tools that you do not need - but they make a job much
easier and take less time. I have a Black and Decker automatic laser
level ($19.99) I use and love it. You can line up items much better than
with a regular level. If you want 5 pictures lined up - you attach the
laser to the wall - and just put the pictures along the line - no muss
no fuss. I used it recently for painting a wall two different colors -
it drew a perfectly horizontal line all the way around the room - a room
that had an uneven floor and ceiling. I also used mine to put up rain
gutters and it was perfect for getting a pitch over 40 feet. I have only
one good eye - and this laser really saves me when I try to "eyeball"
things. I used to always use a bubble level - heck some of the lasers
still have bubble levels on them - I just like the ease of use with
mine. You do not need a professional model - level is level :-) If you
really need the $19.99 for something else - don't get one. If you just
like to fight new technology - don't get one. But if you want a sweet
little time saver that does a neat job and is fun to use - get one.
Harry (more money than brains)

Harry