Charles Middleton

Default Breeze Block / Party Walls Questions

Hi,

Further to my post on rawl bolts I've got another few questions now as
follows ...

I live in a semi detached property. The party wall is the lounge wall of
each property. I want to mount a flat screen TV on the lounge wall which
weights about 28kg's. I've put some holes in the plaster to determine what's
behind the wall and it is as follows:

Breeze Block - 5cm gap approx* - Plaster Board

* The 5cm gap allows for the plaster to clear the flu blocks which run up
the middle of the wall and slightly extrude the main breeze block.

My question is if I use say four 10mm rawl bolts with studding to bring the
screw thread forward of the plaster board will this be sufficient enough to
mount that sort of weight on (28kgs) - bearing in mind that the screens
bracket wont be resting against the wall but the 5cm of studding between the
breeze block and the plasterboard will be supporting the weight. I imagine I
will need four fixings.

Also, is it acceptable to drill into my party wall in this way? I imagine
that there are actually two courses(?) of breeze block between the two
houses and I cant inadvertently drill straight into next doors room.

Thanks in advance,

CM.