longshot

"SQLit" wrote in message
news:FckWd.155039$0u.80072@fed1read04...
----------------------cut--------------------
He probably wanted a separate GFCI in each bathroom, each fed by its
own branch circuit and breaker. Daisy-chaining one bathroom to the
other would not fulfill that goal. I don't have the code cite handy,
but I believe that was code even before 1999.

1999 just says that it the bathrooms have to be on their own circuit. They
are.
The newer code requires each bathroom on its own circuit. You can not
inforce new codes on older properties unless they are being remodeled. He
did not ask for arc faults in the bedrooms, now required.

What was your finding about the GFCI issue?

%mod%

fyi, if a house sits vacant for a year or more it can lose all grandfathered
codes. it somehow falls into an abandonment status. probably only a local
thing (Indiana).