bill wrote:

Comfort- 10 seer removes more moisture.

I think this was based on the 12 SEER having higher air volume over the
evaporator, so the evap should be at a higher temp and have less
condensation, right? But I don't think it took into account that the 12
seer evap coil will often have more surface area than the 10, so
there's more area for condensation to collect (which may or may not be
a big enough factor to compensate).

But the big one is, if you have a multispeed air handler, you can hook
a humidistat to the AC system to run the fan slower when humidity is
too high. So a 12 seer could remove as much moisture as a 10 when it
is absolutely necessary, but run at peak efficiency when
dehumidification is not necessary. The 10 seer on the other hand, can
never attain the efficiency of the 12.

"Sir, you're drunk."

"And Madam, you are ugly. But in the morning, I'll be sober."

%mod%