The Natural Philosopher

al wrote:

Is there such thing as a reasonably cheap and reliable tyre pump with
pressure gauge to save using notoriously unreliable petrol station pumps
(tyres are meant to be cold when you check pressure anyway)? Any good/bad
experiences with such devices?

Ive got a 'run from the ciggy lighter' thing that is supposed to stop
when teh pressure gets to the dial setting. Halfords. Useful for teh
wlan tractor which is always getting thoirns...

I use it in conjunction with a proper pressure gauge of the expanding
cylinder type.

Most dial type gauges are very inaccurate, so I suggest a good pressure
gauge and a separate indiffirent pump is the way to go.