Tony Williams

In article ,
Stefek Zaba wrote:

Rather, I'd try to sort out what the pump problem is. Tony's
experience suggests one intriguing possibility.

I think it is to do with the way in which a motor twists
on start or stop. If the motor is soft-mounted, the
flying leads to it will get a bit of a workout at every
start/stop twist. If one of the leads is touching the
metalwork there is a chance that it will eventually chafe
through.

Our fridge was a bummer..... it took months to find out
what was doing the random trips. I only discovered it
when the N-E short got permanent enough to be sometimes
seen with the Megger.

--
Tony Williams.