James \Cubby\ Culbertson

You might try to surf on over to loctite's website. I've used a product
from
them several times that you apply after the joints are made. Granted this
is for
applications on my Jeep and not your valve stuck in a wall so take this
advice with
a grain of salt. If I remember correctly, the stuff I used was in a green
tube but I
don't remember the loctite number on it. I've seen it in auto parts stores.
Cheers,
cc

"Joe S" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a threaded water connection (brass into brass) with a tiny leak.
It won't even make a drip over several hours, but when I rub my finger
on the bottom side, I can feel and see the water that was there. I
don't want to close up the wall with it this way, and I also don't want
to undo the connection (lots of work and I don't want to disturb the
rest of it for fear of worse problems).

I have tried Seal-All, but it remains pliable and bubbles from the
leak. I have tried PermaGasket (from my car repair kit) but it's too
soft...the water comes on through. I have tried a tape that resembles
electrical tape, but you stretch it and then it recovers to make a
tight "seal", but the water still eventually comes through.

I have considered turning off the water, draining the section, drying
it thoroughly, and applying some epoxy, but before doing this, it
occurred to me that you guys may know the perfect solution.

What would you do?

Joe