Heathcliff

Joe S wrote:
I have a threaded water connection (brass into brass) with a tiny

leak.
It won't even make a drip over several hours, but when I rub my

finger
on the bottom side, I can feel and see the water that was there. I
don't want to close up the wall with it this way, and I also don't

want
to undo the connection (lots of work and I don't want to disturb the
rest of it for fear of worse problems).

I have tried Seal-All, but it remains pliable and bubbles from the
leak. I have tried PermaGasket (from my car repair kit) but it's too
soft...the water comes on through. I have tried a tape that resembles
electrical tape, but you stretch it and then it recovers to make a
tight "seal", but the water still eventually comes through.

I have considered turning off the water, draining the section, drying
it thoroughly, and applying some epoxy, but before doing this, it
occurred to me that you guys may know the perfect solution.

What would you do?

Joe

Will you have relatively easy access to it after you're done?
Generally tub and shower fittings should be accessible through an
access panel in the wall. Often this is in the back of a closet so it
doesn't show. If you will have access, and you don't want to fix it the
"right" way, you can just put a pan to catch the drips and check it
every so often to see if it stops (silts up) on its own. If you will
not have access, probably you should bite the bullet and redo it with a
new part.