PJ

Default CORDLESS DRILL BATTERIES

"Steve Barnes" wrote in message
m...
My Bosch cordless 14.4v drill/driver has provided about 2 years fairly
heavy use and lately it is noticeable the batteries charge life is
getting much shorter and i assume will shortly need replacing. I
haven't shopped around much but noticed the cost of these are around
£70 - is this right? It doesn't add up to me, pay £140 for replacement
and spare when i could get a new one with 2 batteries for around the
same price. Is this something us cordless users have to put up with,
or are there cheaper outlets - i've looked in Screwfix but couldn't
find them?

It's the disposable society which the manufacturers have us live in. Spares
are far to expensive so chuck the whole thing and buy all new. Sad and wrong
but that the way of the modern world - fill the land with perfectly good
items. I have a colour laser printer which cost £500. The four replacement
cartridges cost £370. After two changes you wonder "shall I just have a
whole new one with nice new guarantee etc?". My bubble jet cost £65 and the
two replacement cartridges come to £62 so when the time comes I'll throw a
perfectly good printer in the bin and buy a new one - the extra £3 will buy
me a brand new printer, power lead, data lead and guarantee! Oh and a box
which will also end up in a land fill. Batteries for some mobile phones cost
over £60 whereas a brand new phone, exactly the same, would cost... nowt.
FOC!