Rob Morley

In article .com,
" says...
oli4uk wrote:

Thanks for the reply, looking through my notes (A load of A4 sheets

taken
from the printer !) that was one idea. I've updated the URL with a

new pic.
It's just that I wished for the double skin stretcher to join the

pier in
the middle. i.e. central to it This is purely for design though, so

if I
were to build your suggestion I'd build the piers pointing towards my

own
land. This is so I'm able to add some fancing coping to the stretcher

wall
inbetween.

The only way youre going to do that is if you slice bricks in half down
the middle, and use those half bricks all over the place. A recipe for
instability I'd imagine, not how I'd want to build a supporting pier.
Ss eml could be included in the piers to resist brick shift and thus
improve stability.

How about building a simple pier, and tying it to the wall with a few
metal ties?