Mike Rinken

Default Would it be sacrilidge to cut an Accufence down to 30"

After looking at the Vega and the Accufence, I'm sold on the Accufence. I
love the T Track on all sides (seeing as I'm setting up the table saw to
double as a router table) it's dead accurate and doesn't move a bit once
tightened down. I really didn't like the Vega for some reason, call it a
gut reaction.

My issue is the length. I really don't want a 50" fence. I can see the
purpose of having one that long, but I have my Jet contractors saw on the
rolling base, and I can see the whole thing unbalanced and even tipping over
with all of that sticking off to one side. I also don't have the room in my
shop for it.

So could / should I cut it down to 30" or do I go with the Vega 30"?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Rinken