Lane

"Joe" wrote in message
news:xR8Xd.48517$ya6.12180@trndny01...

Curiosity on my part... I figured the holes would not be drilled along
the same axis but all on separate axis lines heading straight toward the
center of the ball. Is this not the case?

i.e. ...and this is a selfish question for me of course - but could I
possibly market three spindle adjustable drilling heads to the folks who
do this type of drilling in mass quantities? The heads I sell all drill
along the same plane... There is no adjustment possible for the curvature
of the ball. IMHO my stuff is way too expensive unless they are doing
thosands of balls a month or so, but ya never know what your product is
useful for until someone asks... I've sold for munitions disarmarment,
slicing hams, and ... believe it or not, drilling holes in lild steel!
grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

There is a science to bowling ball drilling. Click on some of the links on
this page to get some ideas.
http://www.bowlingball.com/info/layout_drilling.php

And from:
http://www.geocities.com/alan_thompson/Tips.htm
"The pitches are the angles at which the holes are drilled. Drilling the
hole toward the direct centre of the ball is zero pitch. Drilling the holes
at an angle toward the centre of the grip is forward pitch. Reverse pitch is
drilling the hole at an angle away from the centre of grip. Finger pitches
are largely determines by flexibility. The holes need to be drilled at
angles that fit the amount of flexibility in the fingertips. Over time,
bowlers tend to lose flexibility in the finger joints and need more reverse
pitch in the finger holes."

"I cannot express enough the need to seek an IBPSIA certified pro shop
operator when drilling your equipment. Kmart and Wal Mart are NOT the place
to have equipment drilled"

Hope this helps.

Lane