JR North

If you succeed in having it run at full load for more than a few minutes
with the space available for batteries, I'm sure Toyota would like to
meet you.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Bill Cotton wrote:

I have had this Toro 18 inch corded electrical snow thrower "Toro #38025
1800 Power Curve Snow Thrower - Snowblower"
I have done a lots with batteries lately
http://www.billcotton.com/standby_ac_home_power.htm and
http://www.billcotton.com/bicycle_electric.htm
Such a nice day in Philly today that I decided to take my electric snow
thrower apart to see if I can use a DC motor for power. I have two "made for
the small personal scooter motors", runs from 12 to 24 volts DC. The AC
motor in the machine is sized about the same as the DC motor. I can drill
the existing front motor plate and mount the DC motor. The DC motor has a
5/16 shaft with a flat. The Ac motor has a threaded 3/4 inch wide .647 inch
timing belt pulley.
MSC has this size as timing belt pulley stock 5 inch long
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...PMPXNO=5497029
However at 48 dollars, I plan to machine my pulley. There is room for
batteries on the plane that the motor in on.
Has any one done this or know of a source for a timing belt pulley this
size. 5/16 bore, .647 O.D. 3/4 wide, no flange.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"