pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:05:59 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Ok, so tell us how many juvenile offenders who were eligible for the death
penalty, but didn't get it, then wound up committing another crime. It must
be tough, since most of them are serving long prison terms.

Because they eventually do get out. Unless the sentence is changed to
life without the possiblity of parole.

Btw..the average time spend in the joint on a life sentence?
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/vospats.txt

12yrs.

About ten years ago, now, I read an interesting stat. the actual
sentenced served per murder committed was between two and three years.
Between plea bargains, time off for good behavior, etc, seems that a
murderer serves at most 36 months.

Of course, that was before "3 strikes and your in" proved so popular.
--
pyotr filipivich.