Bill Cotton

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message nk.net...

However at 48 dollars, I plan to machine my pulley. There is room for
batteries on the plane that the motor in on.
Has any one done this or know of a source for a timing belt pulley this
size. 5/16 bore, .647 O.D. 3/4 wide, no flange.

I just made two timing belt pulleys last week. Read the thread on
breaking endmills with me as OP.

The best tip I got was to make a fly cutter with the tooth profile. Then
its just two passes at each tooth, might have been able to do it in one
shot. I happened to have a devlieg boring bar that made a really nice fly
cutter with a devleig insert. Read up in Machinery handbook for size
specifications. I'm kinda thick headed, it took awhile for me to
understand - ask if'n you don't get it after reading and thinking a bit.

After getting the dividing head setup and cutter profile correct, it only
took a few minutes of machine time. Of course, I had to f%$& the first one
up. Normal for me.

Karl

I couldn't find Your thread. I sorted by name.
Yes a fly cutter is the way I plan to go. I have a 5c index spin jig. It has
10 vernier holes and a 36 holes plate Enco part #891-6020. So 18 spaces is
gotten without using the vernier.

--
www.billcotton.com