John B

"Industrial" is all the rage right now. I'm amazed that friends bought an
expensive house, and spent $100,000 fixing it up. They left the living room
with exposed concrete slab, with faux tile lines and an impressive
"industrial" look. When this fad dies out, they can put carpet over it!

I love the stainless look. I think it works well with laminate countertops.
However, does the rest of your kitchen decor justify the stainless motif? I
demand consistency, in my environment.

To me, stainless = "commercial kitchen," more than "industrial."

I would not have a cast iron or porcelain sink on top of the counter,
because the inevitable dam prevents wiping the countertop into the sink. A
stainless drop-in might be an exception, because the damn is very low. My
painted cast iron sink is mounted at a level below my tile counter.

"orangetrader" wrote
Can I use any other materials? I don't want to use tiles, but what about
stainless steel? Can a stainless steel sheet be applied over the laminate
counter top to give it an industrial look?