M K

Thanks for the info.. looks like i have some investigating to do.

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

M K wrote:
I have a 5 yo side by side whirlpool fridge/freezer. The ice maker

is now
spitting water on the inside of the freezer and it seems that things

on the
door and the top 1/3 section of the freezer are now thawing. The

rest seems
still frozen for now. I increased the temp from mid way to the

coldest
setting (just now) in hopes to save things. Any ideas?\

Where can I check? I touched the bottom of the icemaker (U shaped

coil) and
that and inside where the ice is are tepid at the most.

Hi,

I have a 5 yo side by side whirlpool fridge/freezer.

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# help.

The ice maker is now
spitting water on the inside of the freezer and it seems that things

on the
door and the top 1/3 section of the freezer are now thawing.

Happened at the same time? *Sounds* more like two problems??
Water from the icemaker got into the evaporator fan motor inside the
freezer??

seems that things on the
door and the top 1/3 section of the freezer are now thawing

Some simple things to check for...
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid