Buck Turgidson

The last place to buy carpet is Sear/Home Depot/Lowes. The price is

fixed,
but it is a crap shoot as to the installers and generally not a bargain
price. We're fortunate to have an excellent dealer in town. Ask around,
maybe you do also.

A good dealer will point out differences in quality, help choose what is
best for your needs, see that it is installed by an experienced pro. And
make a profit while selling at a fair price.

Thanks. In my area we have a local Non-profit version of consumer reports
that rates various businesses by survey. It is pretty reliable. I'll do
some research there.

I just hate feeling like I am horse-trading, or in some cases,
camel-trading.

Ed, I sent you an email yesterday, did you see it?