orangetrader

I have installed prefinished bamboo flooring in two of my bedrooms for 4
years now. No complaints. Love the simple, clean look. Before I bought
it, I took a single plank home as a sample. I also had oak hardwood floor
planks, pine planks, engineered wood (ply with oak or cherry veneer). I
took them and soak them in water for one hour. Then I took them out and let
them dry naturally. The bamboo was the only piece that dried with no
appreciable warping and deformation. I love it.

The only slight problem was the prefinished planks came beveled. If you
want unbeveled they will be unfinished, and you will have to finish it
yourself, which is probably what I will do next time. The bevel tend to
make it easier to trap small dust particles when you sweep the floor.

HTH,

"Pelorus" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone have any experience or opinion about bamboo flooring. The
bamboo material that I have been looking at is three layers that are glued
together. I have seen it in several new condos in town but wonder whether
it is a durable flooring. Comments appreciated.