Pablo

I had a lot of fun out of fixing a couple of wooden child rocking chair
(originally gifted to my two grandchildren about a year before they came
apart). I used carpenter's glue, but to strengthen the joint I also added
screws (countersunk and shiny) I made a holes opposite where the crosspieces
connect and inserted screws through the wood and into the incoming
crosspieces. I did this at each place where the chair was weak or had come
apart. It took me awhile, but as a layman, I feel great that those chairs
have been solid ever since. Today, both children outgrew the chairs, but the
chairs are still there and looking good.

I hope this idea helps.

--
Best regards.

PabloSr.
Still Learning!
That which I value most!
==================

"V-Jay" wrote in message
:I have two wooden chairs that are coming apart and I want to glue them back
: together. The rungs/cross-pieces that connect the chair legs together
keep
: coming out, which makes the chairs unstable.
:
: In the past, I have used wood glue (carpenter's glue) to fix other wooden
: chairs, but that never seems to work very well.
:
: I was just wondering if Liquid Nails, or Contact Cement, or some other
type
: of glue might work better. My reason for wondering about Liquid Nails or
: Contact Cement is that I think they both remain slightly flexible/elastic
: while wood glue becomes brittle and seems to crack easily.
:
: Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what might work best?
:
: Thanks.
:
: