Edwin Pawlowski

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
news:X_NVd.21119$Sn6.20262@lakeread03...
The last time I bought carpeting, it was about as pleasant as buying a
car.
If I bought carpeting at Sears/HD, is the price listed pretty much *the*
price, or am I expected to haggle like I am in a MidEast bazaar?

The last place to buy carpet is Sear/Home Depot/Lowes. The price is fixed,
but it is a crap shoot as to the installers and generally not a bargain
price. We're fortunate to have an excellent dealer in town. Ask around,
maybe you do also.

A good dealer will point out differences in quality, help choose what is
best for your needs, see that it is installed by an experienced pro. And
make a profit while selling at a fair price.