Rich

I guess the first question is what prep on the concrete did you do? Any
etching or priming or just paint on cured concrete? How old is the concrete
as well?

"Airkings" wrote in message
k.net...
I put down 2 coats of Benjamin Moore Alkyd oil-based floor paint on an
unpainted concrete floor in my basement workroom. The high end paint store
in town said its very durable, and they use it in their back room, etc. It
went on smooth, and looks very nice. Its been about 30 hours since the
final coat.

I kind of tested the paint's durability by digging a fingernail in to see
what would happen. I was a bit surprised when it dug in and left a mark.
Then I took a board and scraped it along the paint to test it, and it took
some shavings up.

What's the deal here? Does it need more setting time? Is it not durable to
sharp objects? This is a workroom, so there will be scraping things going
on. Please let me know what the deal is!!

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave