AutoTracer

If the last place you bought a rug was at a small downtown shop (or even a
mall store) then I would expect the big box experience of HD or Sears to be
more of a western style of buying. There is generally no negotiation in a
corporate chain store except perhaps for damaged/returned or clearance stock
(also special orders not delivered)

There are also several good places on the web to shop. Even if you do not
but on the net, you can look at national brands and find out typical price
points.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
The last time I bought carpeting, it was about as pleasant as buying a

car.
If I bought carpeting at Sears/HD, is the price listed pretty much *the*
price, or am I expected to haggle like I am in a MidEast bazaar?