andrewpreece

"KJR" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

looking for some detailed advice here.

I am thinking of erecting a gazebo, one long side of which I would
like to attatch to the side of my house. The question is how ?

The beam to be attached to the house will be between 4 and 5 meters
long, 150mm high and 50mm deep.

What should I be using to secure the beam to the house and at how many
points ?

Feel free to be as detailed as you like

I used sections of angle iron cut to length, it was probably 2" x 2". I used
one on each side of the timber as it attached to the wall. After cutting to
length I drilled four holes in each bit of angle iron to take screws for the
wall and the timber. I gave them a coat of Hammerite, all over, then screwed
them to the timber using coach screw and to the wall using some kind of
bolt-and-rawlplug system. Worked a treat, cheap too if you have some steel
( maybe even alloy ) angle iron hanging about.

Andy.