hes4tres

Thanks for that. I think the tc was tested but not replaced so may have
failed. Nothing lost by replacing it now and see if that works.
Hontres.
Paul Barker wrote in message

The plumber who replaced the gas valve probably tested the theromcouple
and found it to be working so he knew then it was the power unit. A lot
of multifunction control valves (what we call a gas valve) don't have a
renewable power unit so you have to buy the whole thing. Typically a
mfcv costs 80 quid or more. He would probably charge £50 to £75 to fit
it. Baxi offer a guaranteed fix 180 quid or so, check with them. If you
turned out to need a mfcv that would have been a good deal.

This time it might well be the tc. Sometimes they don't last very long,
manufacturer's correct part is usually cheap and may last longer than a
universal tc.

Without looking the Solo up, most likely there is an interuptor o/h
stat. This can fail, or short to boiler casing when the leeds are in
poor state of repair, both cause tc failure when actually the tc is
working fine.

It is almost certainly not the mfcv again in only 6 months.

--
Paul Barker