RichardS

Default Buying a router - DeWalt DW621 vs...

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:22:10 +0100, "RichardS" noaccess@invalid
wrote:

One other bugbear that I have with this is that it is not possible to buy
the 1/2" collet in europe. US models come with 1/4" and 1/2" collets, it

is
possible to get them but only from DW service centres and I haven't found
one of these that will ship from web orders. According to DW this is

down
to their CE rating certificate for the product.

There's an authorised spares company (can't remember the name) in
Isleworth or Brentford or somewhere like that that will ship from
phone orders. If you call DW in Slough they will give you the
details.

Also, a lot of parts, especially collets, are compatible with Trend
and vice versa - The T9 and DW625 have these in common.

thahks Andy. Brentford/Isleworth is just down the road (we're thankfully
just out of range of odours from the mogden lane treatment centre here...),
I was meaning DW service centres in the US. Don't think that the UK can get
hold of them - they're not sold in the EU for the 621.

Will have a look at the trend ones though to see if they are compatible.
I'd rather build up a collection of 1/2" cutters than 1/4" ones, if nothing
else for the strength of the shaft and so I can use them without changing
collets if I ever decide to get a 1/2" router to sling in a table.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk