ARWadsworth

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
inNeedofHelp wrote:
Basically each switch has 2 cables, one live from supply, the other to
the switch. This method is not covered in books I have looked at, and
is frequently used in flat rewires as there is no ceiling access.

Common enough way to wire a single light - as say in a cupboard. You can
use this feed for a second light from the same switch box quite happily.
The problem might be that of space inside the backing box.

When doing a basic rewire, I'll often run a triple and earth as the switch
'pair' and connect the blue - suitably sleeved - to the neutral of the
rose. This allows the later installation of lighting sockets at floor
level for things like table lamps.

The perfect way to wire in the wall lights or outside lights when doing a
rewire.

I am glad someone else also uses this method. My NIC inspector did not like
it as he had to test two end of lines for ELI.

Adam