Mary Fisher

"Lobster" wrote in message
news:sk0Xd.458$tV4.417@newsfe6-

snip wonderful account

drastic action was clearly called for. I removed the plastic outer shell
of the flask and tentatively broke off the little glass 'nipple' which
would have been used to originally form the vacuum. BLAM! the flask
instantly imploded,

GREAT! I've often wondered what would happen and even more often been
tempted to do it :-)

and Horace flew up into the air, landing somewhat surprised on a pile of a
million tiny glass fragments. Fortunately he was entirely undamaged by
the experience ...

Pity. Not my favourite animal. Does anyone know how they taste?

And yes, I've taken great care never to break a Thermos flask again.

Well the story was worth remembering, thanks :-)

Mary