Dan

Thanks for the reply. I'll try swapping batteries between the 2 phones
& see if the performance changes. Anecdotally, getting on with the poor
performing phone on the charger doesn't seem to improve matters.

Dan

worldcitizen wrote:
Dan wrote:

My wife and I have identical cell phones, Siemens model A56. My

example

is perhaps a year older than hers. Mine seems to lose connection

more

readily than hers does, and if we turn them both on side by side in

any

given location, mine typically takes 2 to 5 times as long to

establish a

connection. What would account for this difference? Is mine simple

"lemon", perhaps having some portion(s) of its rf alignment off?

Since

mine is older, could the battery be a bit weaker? Our service is
Cingular, they do offer other phones, these are probably their least
expensive option. I'm wondering if other brands/models perform

better

in terms of connection, general sound quality, etc. If they are like

virtually every other electronic device (no reason to assume they are

not) it seems likely some make/models preform better than others.

I'm

wondering if anyone tests various cell phones for these things

(Consumer

Reports, maybe)? Anyone know?

TIA

Dan

I'd check the battery first. It may not be as fresh as the one in your
wife's phone and that may be the problem. Good luck.