geoff m

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:14:22 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

That isn't one ship, it's *two*. They may be linked in such a way as
to provide exceptional resistance to rolling. - GWE

The Ports of Auckland (New Zealand) got a couple of these cranes a
couple of years or so back. Damn impressive to see arriving in port.
They had to dredge out the harbour beside the wharf, then "sunk" the
ship and rolled them into place. I suspect it was a bit more difficult
than it sounds, but it didn't take long. I can't recall the cost, but
they weren't bad value for money, given how much steel you get.
Geoff