Gunner

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:26:55 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

btw...which parts of Ponte's article on Neocons do you disagree with?

You didn't post an article by Ponte about neocons. You posted such an
article by Max Boot.

Correct. I realized my typo after Id hit send and even tried a
cancel..shrug.

It was a pretty good editorial, but Boot was right in the first place: he's
no neocon. He's a Heinz conservative, a mutt of about 57 varieties.

Good.

Or are you simply trying to kill the messenger?

Ponte, as a messenger, shot himself in the head about 30 years ago. Since
then he's had to retreat into being a right-wing talkshow mouthpiece. Those
audiences will forgive anything if you hate liberals enough and if you have
a big mouth.

Oh..like Al Franken or Michael Moore?.. Right there next to Jimmy
Carter on the DNC podium too...most interesting.....

I don't remember Ponte being so vehemently anti-liberal before he made an
ass of himself and became such a joke. You may not remember that. He was
down for the count but rose from the mat when he found an audience that
didn't really know who he was, and which had little inclination to find out.

Like Howard Dean! Of course!

http://www.americanpolicy.org/more/a...atemongers.htm

Gunner

Ed Huntress

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)