Gunner

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 10:09:51 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 13:38:39 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time (or lose your
life if you took another.) For the thumpers, it's "An eye for an eye."

Darned right. If you put them in prison for life with no hope of parole,

how
will they ever learn, anyway? It's better to put them to death and really
impress them. That'll teach the punk.

--
Ed Huntress

Wont teach em anything.

However..the recidivism rate really drops off fast.

I really doubt if there is a whit of evidence to show that executing minors,
or adults who committed murder when they were minors, has anything to do
with anything. If they were tried as adults and were thus liable to the
death penalty, they were liable to life in prison, or something close to it.

ah...Ed? Recidivism? Or did I spell it improperly? The rate at
which criminals will get out and commit a second or more crimes.

Im pretty sure that if they are executed..the rate at which they
commit further crimes is a value somewhat smaller than null.....

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)