Matt

Very true.. of course where I live they have also upped the Occupational
Tax from $10 to $52/year.. guess the city is near bankrupt.. eek!

Travis Jordan wrote:
Matt wrote:

Yeah values going up on houses is always a good thing.. we purchased

Values going up is good, but assessed value and taxes going up may not
be. In many areas of the country those on fixed incomes (seniors, in
particular) are still being taxed out of their homes. In Florida we're
fortunate enough to have a State Constitutional Amendment that caps the
rate of increase for assesed value of homesteaded property at 3% or the
consumer price index, whichever is less.