JerryMouse

V-Jay wrote:
I have two wooden chairs that are coming apart and I want to glue
them back together. The rungs/cross-pieces that connect the chair
legs together keep coming out, which makes the chairs unstable.

In the past, I have used wood glue (carpenter's glue) to fix other
wooden chairs, but that never seems to work very well.

I was just wondering if Liquid Nails, or Contact Cement, or some
other type of glue might work better. My reason for wondering about
Liquid Nails or Contact Cement is that I think they both remain
slightly flexible/elastic while wood glue becomes brittle and seems
to crack easily.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what might work best?

Thanks.

It's the flexing that's the problem. We're not talking shock-absorbers here,
the whole construction must be rigid.