Except that there is no service channel, making them about 10 times

more
difficult to install. They're fine if you have no taps, washing

machines,
sinks, or hobs in your kitchen, though.

Didnt think this was a problem, i had to reroute all my pipe work

along the
floor and as this was the 1st time i did plumbing it was a breeze.

the
result is you get far deeper cupboards with full length draws

You had to reroute water pipes? That sounds daunting to a DIY newbie
like me.

I would have thought the "refurb" job -- replacing doors & worktop --
to be the easiest. That's what I am thinking of doing for my first ever
kitchen units job.

Bruce