Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
inNeedofHelp wrote:
Basically each switch has 2 cables, one live from supply, the other to
the switch. This method is not covered in books I have looked at, and
is frequently used in flat rewires as there is no ceiling access.

Common enough way to wire a single light - as say in a cupboard. You can
use this feed for a second light from the same switch box quite happily.
The problem might be that of space inside the backing box.

When doing a basic rewire, I'll often run a triple and earth as the switch
'pair' and connect the blue - suitably sleeved - to the neutral of the
rose. This allows the later installation of lighting sockets at floor
level for things like table lamps.

--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.