Doctor Evil

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message

I don't have another mains drill, but why on earth would you want normal
hammer when you have sds ?

Agree that SDS is superior system to hammer but to answer your question as

found out when my Makita SDS drill packed up, a cheapo 700W hammer drill
handles up to 8mm holes in masonry, thats most of my requirements,
adequately well at considerably less cost and less than half the weight of

SDS drill. Up a ladder that may equate to more safely and some cheap SDS
drills weigh considerably more to the point of being unmanageable.

Even with 8mm and a new masonry bit, with some bricks it can be hard going.
An SDS just sails through.

BTW, did you get the Makita fixed? If so how much did it cost?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download