The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:00:52 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Normal BCO resolution in cases like this is to insist on suspended
floors with underfloor vents I believe.

I guess most comes up from the ground, but what about walls made of
that nice cornish granite? Ventilation is the way to deal with it
though.

I think that the walls are not the usual major problem. IIRC its more a
question of it seeoping up from the ground.

Maybe we need more info from the OP. Type/age of house, floor
construction, recently fitted DG'ing etc. I'd have thought any
moderately recent place with a solid floor would have a plastic DPM
these days. Can Radon get through plastic DPM?

Not that well, no, but that raises the concentrations under it so any
small leak...