Jim Alexander

"Jeff" wrote in message

I don't have another mains drill, but why on earth would you want normal
hammer when you have sds ?

Agree that SDS is superior system to hammer but to answer your question as I
found out when my Makita SDS drill packed up, a cheapo 700W hammer drill
handles up to 8mm holes in masonry, thats most of my requirements,
adequately well at considerably less cost and less than half the weight of a
SDS drill. Up a ladder that may equate to more safely and some cheap SDS
drills weigh considerably more to the point of being unmanageable.

Jim A