Shawn Wilson

I did a search of all groups and found no useable information nor
recommendations about knee pads. I am currently looking at a pair of
pads from the Duluth Trading Company. They're rather high tech with
replaceable jell inserts and run about $35. To the best of my
recollection my knees haven't been repaired or replaced since they
were new back in '41. I am hoping for some experienced input from
this board or a referral to another group that might be able to help.
I can be patient, but I'm getting awfully tired down here and it's
most uncomfortable..

I use the cheap black foam rubber ones that go for about $8. They work
great for working on the car in the gravel driveway. I can drop quickly to
one knee with no pain (and I'm a fat guy with sports-related
injuries/surgeries on both knees). The thin straps bunch up and ride
towards the back of my knee, which doesn't hurt, but is uncomfortable, even
while wearing jeans. I've tried using the foam mats, but I find I always
kick pebbles or spent pop rivets on them, then kneel on them. Whatever you
choose, make sure the straps are wide and won't bunch up.

Shawn
--
Shawn Wilson

http://www.GlassGiant.com