Larry Jaques

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:39:46 -0800, the inscrutable charlie b
spake:

Ba r r y wrote:

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:42:59 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

I think the A-10 is one impressive bird. A frickin' tank with wings.
One of my favourite all-time aircraft.

We have a squadron of them based here in CT. An acquaintance of mine
flys them on weekends, a former employee maintains electronics on
them.

Luckily, he's never been subjected to a bird strike from the rear that
the fighter pilots keep advising him to watch out for.

Is that the plane that flys at or slightly above the speed of smell
(plagarized /stolen from Ron White, humorist Texan and part
time alcoholic?)

g It's a jet which can fly low and slow, then spit fire like a
dragon. I saw one on the ground first (vs. in the air) and it looked
elegant in a funky sort of way. A couple minutes later, I saw a nice
littel package called the Vulcan mini-gun on a steel cart. (I secretly
wanted to see that little thing in the back of my pickup but knew I'd
never get if off the Miramar Naval Air Station alive.

Anyway, I've been hooked on the A-10 ever since, warts and all. The
History Channel did an hour show on them and they're impressive. My
dad came home from VietNam with a bullet hole in the aircraft and a
dent in the bottom the seat of his C-123 where small-arms (AK?) fire
almost denutted him. (He was over there flying at 1000 feet to drop
crates of chickens, pigs, and cows to the South Vietnamese for food.
Ever heard the moo of a cow on a parachute?) Anyway, the armored
bottom of the A-10 gives the pilot a lot more peace of mind, I'm sure.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming