stoutman

LRod you need to get out more often bud.

The router plate is bending Near the edges in a downward direction.

Believe it or not. I dont give a f--k.

"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 02:41:04 GMT, "stoutman" wrote:

Like I said in my OP "Already see deflection on the outside edges when I
place a straight edge along the width of the plate" Not sure how else to
get you to understand this problem. Let me spoon feed it to ya. Picture
square router plate. Now place a straight edge along the TOP of the plate
near the edge. In the center of the straight edge you could place 2-3
playing cards underneath. This could also be explained as "sagging
downward
toward the edges".

I'm going to type this real slow so you have a chance of understanding
it. What does the word "sag" mean to you? To most of the English
speaking world it means to droop or be lower than the rest of
whatever.

Now, when you say sagging downward (redundant, by the way), and the
article in question is supported by its edges (you did mount the plate
by the edges, didn't you?) it can only sag in the middle. It cannot
"sag downward toward the edges."

How does that defy physics?

Because the insert is mounted by the edges, they, by definition, are
not able to move. They are "mounted." The only parts that can move
downward (sag) are the parts away from the edges. Sag downward toward
the edges can only mean sag upward in the middle. Are you Australian?
Maybe that's why your insert is sagging up.

This newsgroup is only accessed from Earth right? What physics
do you have going on in your workshop?

Yes I am aware of the crown, which as I understand it does not include
sagging at the edges.

"The Rousseau plate just does not sag from router weight."

Ok, than LIKE I SAID TWICE BEFORE, maybe it was defective when I bought
it.

Should I take a picture of it with the straight edge on top and post it in
ABPW? Or will you claim that my staright edge needs to be calibrated?

Yes, I would very much like to see a fixed object (the edges) that
sags.

I have this feeling that we're in a separate but parallel
conversation, but I keep rereading your descriptions and I just don't
see how.

By the way, I withdraw my offer. I don't want a router plate that sags
up.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net