Norman D. Crow

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...
Try your Canadian Sears stores. Their GelTek pads are good. I don't
know if Duluth Trading sells in Canada, but their (pricey) top of the
line models are excellent. I've got several kinds (I keep trying, after
knee surgeries that screw up the nerves right where you kneel down).
The Craftsman and the Duluth Trading are the best of the bunch. The
Duluth Trading type has wider straps than the Craftsman, and uses a
Velcro attachment. The GelTeks use two straps with plastic hooks that
fit over knobs on the side of the pads. Both are comfortable on MY
knees, which means they should help almost anyone.

The seer has spoken. Guess I didn't know what I was missing. My knees were
new in '36, and it's been several years since I could get down and up
comfortably. When I do have to get down, I'm much more likely to be sitting
down and leaning over or laying down on the floor. Thank God for
Son-in-laws, I don't have to do my own mechanical work any more, so don't
have to worry about kneeling down on those dam pebbles on the driveway or
garage floor! Think I'm going to look through this thread again and see
about getting a pair of pads though.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.